Sunday, March 22, 2009

LA Day 2

This might be hard to believe, but I had been thinking about eating breakfast at the coffee bean in Brentwood every since I booked my trip to LA. First thing Tuesday morning, I met u with my good friend Tracey and we went there to get my coffee with a shot of espresso and their famous raisin bran muffin. While ordering I decided that since it was 70 degrees out I should switch to iced coffee, but the muffin was a given. It did not disappoint. After the blueberry bran muffin in Dallas, I am really not sure which one is better. I’ll need a few more samples to decide. Tracey was kind enough to drive me to the Chinese embassy where I dropped off my passport to get my travel visa for entry into Beijing. Then it was just some nice sightseeing and strolling through SM and LA and lunch at the hotel, which was surprisingly good.

Dinner at the Lapidus’ with the Robinson. We ordered from Bandera’s (my recommendation) this place has the best rotisserie chicken and banana cream pie. It was also in a Curb episode when he keeps missing the meeting with Diane Keaton and has lunch there with Jeff. Anyway, this was my first meeting with Luke Lapidus, who is now 7 months old. He is so cute, it’s ridiculous. He actually reminds me a lot of Hayden Kaufman. Very well behaved, large for his age, cute as anything and lots of smiles. See the picture included. The funny thing here is that what you can’t see in the picture is Nikki behind the camera. In order to get Luke to smile, she was jumping up and down on the couch yelling into a plastic cup (to simulate James Earl Jones’ voice: “LUKE, I AM YOUR MOTHER!” This actually got me to smile as well, not an easy task when I’m having my picture taken. I was really surprised when I saw that Luke had pretty light skin, I thought for sure the Cuban genes would have expressed themselves a little more strongly. He even has blond hair…hmm, kind of makes you wonder if he is really Dave’s child. You know, I had blond hair when I was little…

It was great catching up with Dave, Nikki and Andrew and meeting Luke was the highlight of the trip so far. Oh, and Nikki informed me that I write my blog from the point of view of a 3rd grader. Thanks Nikki! I was a little concerned it was only the Kindergarten level. I’ve been watching a lot of Kindergarten Cop lately, so I was kind of writing with that audience in mind. Given who my friends are, I thought that was the appropriate level so that everyone could follow along.

1 comment:

  1. I just think you have the vocabulary of a 3rd grader, not the point of view of a 3rd grader. Love the pic of you and Luke, one of the cutest babies in the world right? Also, not sure if I should be impressed or horrified that you were doing yoga on the beach by the Santa Monica Pier. Looks like you're having a great time!!

    ReplyDelete