Sunday, March 22, 2009

LA Day 3

Tracey and I hit this amazing omelet place in SM called The Omelet Parlor (that’s for you nikki). Of course, neither of us ordered omelets. I had the smoked salmon scramble and a blueberry pancake on the side and she had a healthy egg white scramble with spinach, and some other healthy stuff in it (again, for you nikki).

From there we rolled to the Chinese embassy to pickup my visa and passport and also take a tour of the tar pits, which were right down the street. I can’t believe I had never been there before, given my interest in paleontology, it was amazing. It’s a little disturbing actually to know that there are open tar pits in LA that are bubbling over with methane gas. Just seems a little unstable for a major city to have right in the middle of it. The funny thing is that set the pits up with pre-historic mastadons as if they were drowning in the hot tar. Given this is a large attraction for kids, it seems kind of scary, no? One thing is for sure, Jared would have cried thinking about the death of these majestic creatures of plastic. We also made a quick trip to the gift shop (didn’t feel like paying the $7 pp for the museum tour), where I was attacked by a T-Rex on the loose. I can’t believe I forgot to remain still since the T-Rex’s sight is based on movement! I guess I’m no Alan Grant (how many people will get this besides Ben)?

Back at the Loews I has a little time before my flight, so I decided to do my own yoga session on the beach. Tracey agreed to let me lead her in private instruction, my first endeavor at this. I won’t go into too much detail here because I don’t want to bore everyone, but my goal was just a basic Vinyassa class with equal balance on the upper and lower body. I thought it went pretty well, I ended up doing more balancing poses than I had anticipated, but those are always good too. It lasted probably 45 minutes or so followed by a good 15 minutes of Shiva Sana. I have to say, I really enjoyed it and Tracey seemed to get a lot out of it. I’m definitely going to try to improve my skills and work toward being an instructor when I get back. If I only knew someone in my family that could help with this…

1 comment:

  1. Very Funny!! I will be your student when you get back and you can teach me. The immersion day was yesterday. Wish you could have come.

    ReplyDelete